Saturday 23 April 2011

Mmm, caaaakkke

Yesterday I got out the Betty Crocker Devil's Food Cake. I thought maybe I'd attempt a bit of mother/daughter time which kinda worked, she got distracted and left. Came back for the beaters though!
All went swimmimgly, cooked and not burnt, cooled it down a bit before putting it on the cake rack on the dining table, put the chocolate frosting on. As soon as the frosting was on we had to have the obligatory taste-test slice, not bad, not bad.
We went about our business, I was still in the kitchen whipping up some muffins and biscuits (oh the domesticity!) then went on to feed Ethan. Emily had come in wanting to lay down with us then toodled off again to the loungeroom, or so I thought. I came out to two wide blue eyes in a chocolate face and this
At least she was neat, and it WAS made for eating. Loving the little finger marks in the frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment