Friday 29 April 2011

Dresses

In the spirit of the day here is a photo of me

Definitely NOT what I started out looking at.
I found out I was pregnant 3 months before the big day so had to look for something that would accommodate a growing belly.

When we (me, sister, mum, bestie, and her mum) went dress shopping I don't think the poor lady knew what hit her when we walked in. Mum's first words were "Right, we have a bride, pregnant getting bigger; matron of honour, pregnant, getting smaller; and bridesmaid, not pregnant and if she does she'll be shot!"

I think I look pretty noice if I do say so myself. Which, to be honest, is a WHOLE lot more than I can say about a couple of girls that I went to school with, and thanks to facebook have seen their photo's (ahem, stalker). I know that sounds mean but really, they are going to look back later and say "what the hell was I thinking?"

Don't get me wrong, their makeup and hair was lovely and they were wearing beautiful dresses, but you see their dresses were the problem. These girls had been the 'it girls' at school, skinny and popular and on the latest trend. They'd got a bit comfortable after school though, which is completely understandable nothing wrong with that, unfortunately they were still dressing like they were skinny minnies. Skintight bodices just don't look flattering on someone who has a bit of podge, kinda makes you look like a rolled pork loin ready for roasting.

It amazes me that they just couldn't see how wrong they looked in those dresses, maybe they were wedding blind.
I know I'm not the smallest person and I get it wrong sometimes but seriously, it's your wedding.


Just quietly, I'm having a little IN YOUR FACE moment 'cos they was complete biatches at school!

No comments:

Post a Comment