Wednesday 14 December 2011

Oh look, some news

Sooo, that exciting news from last weeks Mumvember post? No, it doesn't involve peeing on a stick or demanding my cradle back. Not that I'd be completely adverse to those things.
You remember that little lust have list I made last month? Well I've made a bit of head way on a couple of things, like.. I dunno...buying a freaking house!!!
1
Like, this one! My mumma and I (well more mum than me, apparently I'm living off $800 less a month than the average married with 2 kids couple. Go figure) are getting all sign-y so I can start paying off and owning my first house. OOOHH YEEEAHHH!!!

Actually the trip mention in last weeks post was actually to look at a different place, next door to my parents actually. There's several paddocks and quite a few blue gums between the 2 places, so it's not THAT close.
It was a lovely old place, partially renovated due to the bank reneging at the last possible second. 2 large sheds and an old hay shed, all on 7 acres. Unfortunately someone topped our offer so we decided to let it slide.
Mum and Dad had a look through the next one (yep, that one up there) a week before auction day. Mum put an offer in THE DAY BEFORE AUCTION and it got accepted. Woohoo! Made a flying trip down exactly a week after the first to, you know, see what I was pay for. Although it's technically 2 bedroom there is a formal lounge that would make a fabulous master bedroom with the old fireplace. Electric cooking though and it has no bath or sheds. On the plus side the backyard is SO much bigger than I expected and it has 2 water tanks. On a bigger plus side, I can put a nail in the wall and paint the lounge whatever lurid shade I so desire. You know I'ma gunna do it, just cos I can.

In other fantabulous news, I've been offered a place a UniSA to do Nursing. Although not the double degree I was initially planning on doing, I think I just may accept it and work on the Midwifery a little down the track.

So excited, and SO hoping this is the beginning of something wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment