Monday 5 December 2011

Last week of MUMvember

Nov. 28 - Make an Effort Monday
I know it doesn't look like much but I did actually make an effort with my hair. It's usually just up in a quick messy bun. Today I even made sure the part was straight at the back! Also slicked on a bit of lippy, ooooooo.
Lookin' a bit shabby as I took these when we got home

              - Be Spontaneous
My initial plan was to take the kidlets to the Melbourne Myer windows and to the Crown Christmas Spectacular, but while playdating with Missy Indy we decided to do the Crown thing with them.
So...after making myself pretty then cutting hubby's hair short - like REAL short, like no comb short - I threw the kids in the car and tore off to the train station. Thank goodness I decided to bypass the petrol station and see when the next train was because I saw people milling around on the platform. Whipped out the pram, chucked children and bags in and raced to the platform to have the train pull up a minute later. Phew!
Poor shy Miss Emmy wouldn't sit down opposite the old couple and spent the whole trip hiding behind the pram across the aisle and looking out the window.
Once we FINALLY got out of Southern Cross Station (we were on the last platform and I was so disorientated) my little trooper and I walkd all the way to Bourke Street and the Myer Windows.
She LOVED it! It was so gorgeous watching her dancing around to the music.
I thought we'd have a bit of an explore of the Melbourne Museum as well.
Emmy just kept skipping from one thing to another, unable to decide what to look at next. Unfortunately it wasn't until I looked at the time and thought it might be time to leave that I saw that there was a children's gallery. DARN! Definitely paying another visit soon.
Bribed little miss with donuts to actually get her to leave (after dragging her butt in there in the first place!) And finally got the poor tired possum to sit in the pram for me.
Quick stop at Krispy Kreme for donuts (mmmmmmm, donuts) and coffe, and we were on our way back home to tell daddy our adventures.

Nov. 29 - Listen to your kids
Having hubby drive while going to my parents I was able to turn around to look at the kiddies when they where talking (when they weren't sleeping that is).

There's some exciting news concerning this little trip that I'll be writing about soon

Nov. 30 - Treat Yourself!
Do I need to say more!!



I think I'll pick 1 or 2 of these to do each week from now on. It's been really fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment