Sunday 5 June 2011

Sickness, parties and unbreakable eggs

So 3 weeks and 1 day ago my little family once again packed up and drove the 3.5 hours to my parents place. I knew there was going to be a few sneezes and sniffles as the 2 kiddies were coughing and sneezing on the way there.
What I did not realise was that it was going to be green snotty nose, I want a cuddle now sick. And I got sick. My poor nose was so blocked I couldn't taste food for 5 days. I must admit the not tasting but FEELING the chilli in dinner was an odd sensation.

Since Emily and I were pretty much recovered* a few days before we left I decided to brave the 1st birthday party we'd unofficially been invited to. I'm so glad we went (Jason stayed back at mum and dads with Ethan). There were marshmallows, butterfly cakes, fairy bread, the list goes on. Our hostess with the most-est rocked. Pin the tail, and a lolly hunt had the kids entertained.

By far the funniest game of day was the Egg and Spoon race. All the kids lined up with their spoons and were handed their eggs (raw, unaltered eggs). Emily and my 2yo nephew (brother's kidlet) finally got theirs and shouted at nicely to GO! My poor poss got knocked out by the 18 month old zig zagging across the field, but little Nicholas throw that egg with all his might. And it didn't break. He picked it up again and chucked it. Nope still whole. It was a full 5 minutes of him throwing and jumping on it until it FINALLY exploded.
IT. WAS. HILARIOUS!
The kid had so much fun, he thought the whole day was brilliant. Chasing after the other kids, toodling around the garden, drawing inside. Mine did too, but she's an outgoing imp
Thanks Neeny, Mick, Glen and Teagan for a fabulous day!



*My sinuses are still congested and for the last week, so much so, I've had whole face aches. Stupid colds!
Yay for handy mums who get sinus flushes and nasal sprays though.

No comments:

Post a Comment