Wednesday 29 June 2011

GGAAAHHH!

For the last few weeks I've increasingly felt like a bad mum.
I've zero motivation to clean up, I feel like I'm constantly telling Emily off, feel like the only way she'll listen is to yell.
I'm also waiting for VTAC applications to open and open days at universities to come up as I'm wanting to enrol in a bachelor of nursing and midwifery, but now I've got little niggles about leaving my kids in childcare. I will miss out on things my kids do, the little milestones, but I want to get at least 3/4 of the way through before I'm 30 (4.5 years away and the double degree is 4 years long f/t).
I'm just feeling in limbo
Waiting...

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with enroling in your course Katie, sounds great and a really fantastic goal. I know putting the kids in daycare is scary and it has the potential to fill you with guilt but there are heaps of positives -
    They learn to share,
    They learn to play nicely with other kids,
    They develop independence in themselves and confidence in you knowing you'll always collect them in the afternoon.
    They do heaps of really cool stuff that you may not have even thought of at home.
    They develop long-lasting friendships with both the kids and carers.

    If this course is what you really want to do, don't let daycare be your obstacle.

    Good luck, Jacqui xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jacqui.
    My brain is all rational about it and says they'll be fine. They'll learn a whole range of things and do a whole range of stuff they wouldn't at home.
    If it wasn't for a certain people and their disdain for childcare getting in my ear, it wouldn't even bother me.

    It's so funny that if it was someone else writing this I'd be telling them to go for it and their kids would be fine. Hhmm, maybe that should tell me something.

    ReplyDelete